Thursday 29 March 2012

NET-WORKING!

Have just been on a two day work trip and got back to an inbox full of potential volunteers! Thanks to Kubatana.net for circulating a call for support this week and for those who have passed on through their own networks. I am overwhelmed! My heart knew it, now my head has to handle it. If you got in touch I WILL reply. Please be patient with me.

In the meantime, the biggest query was how to get involved. So, if you are interested GO DOWN TO YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY , introduce yourself and leave all your contact details there. Name, address, phone numbers and we will need to ask for ID numbers too. It is very important that local librarians are the focal people and we help raise them up in their work and their communities. Go make a new friend :-)

IN FACT, if you are not a library member, think about making a full commitment to your local library and sign up to be a member whilst you are there. It is affordable and I just know you will find a book to fill your quieter moments.

Thank you to those who have subscribed to this site, BIG SMILES, and to those following by email too as it is not always possible to fit in trips to the blog site. I know. This option takes my posts straight to your inbox.

Harare City Libraries also have a Facebook page. Check it out!

More update on what is happening a little later. We are still reading this Friday at Mount Pleasant. See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment